Press-on nails can help you reach a very professional looking manicure in few minutes with no need of heading to the nail salon. However when it comes to taking the of it might be quite painful. There is however no need to worry about this because there are some ways to remove press-ons much easier and less painful.
Guide on removing press-on nails
If you were afraid of taking off your press-on nails you should know that there are somethings that can be done do remove press-on nails way easier. Here goes the methods that you will love using:
- soaking your nails,
- using nail polish remover,
- using a cuticle pusher.
Use solvents and cuticle pusher
This method starts with soaking your nails. Soak your nails in warm soapy water. While you will be soaking your nails they may loose. To make it all happen mix some warm water with few drops of hand soap. Just place your fingers there and let your nails soak for about ten minutes.
Use cuticle oil
Another way to remove press-on nails would be applying some cuticle oil. Cuticle oil can also loosen up press-on nails. All you gotta do is to apply cuticle oil – only a few drops – to the areas under the press-on nails. Leave the oil soak for a few minutes until the glue breaks. When they got loose you can use a cuticle pusher to fully remove them.
Use nail polish remover
If you feel like you have already tried eveything and your press-on nails are still holding on very good you should try using nail polish remover. Pure some of nail polish remover to the small bowl and then dip nails to this liquid and start soaking process. Then let your nails soak for about five minutes or so and pull out your fingers and check if the fake nails are comming off.
- if you used nail glue to apply your press-on nail you should soak your nails in acetone based nail polish remover mixed with baby oil to remove fake nails,
- if you have finished process of removing press on nails you should also peel off the leftover adhesive, you can just push it with help of orangewood stick,
- you can also melt the fake nail with help of pure acetone,
- for remaining adhesive you can use cuticle pusher, but if it won’t work you can soak your nails in warm water or apply a bit of nail polish remover with help of cotton ball,
- cut nails short in order to prevent their breaking or chipping.
Now you should know everything about nail removal process as well as how to protect your nails from damage. We also told you what to do to prevent your nails break.
We hope that you will be able to follow all of those steps successfully and you will be able to get rid of your press-on nails. Goodluck to you!